Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Eat Salsa: Enjoy Hemisfair while sampling salsas from all over San Antonio and vote for your favorite! This event also has live music, DJ stages, Salsa dancing and demos, art vendors, games and a children’s zone and splash pad. Admission is free!
2. Smash a Piñata: Piñatapalooza is an interactive art show where you can see the art, buy the art, and SMASH the art! Students from the Henry Ford Academy: Alameda School for Art + Design have created an assortment of beautiful piñatas with a twist. This is a free event that will include piñata raffles of all displayed piñatas, live piñata smashing, on-site printmaking, mariachi performances, Folklorico dance performances, food trucks, and a screening of everyone’s favorite luchador, “Nacho Libre”!
3. Flashback to the 90’s: Brass Monkey is hosting a 90’s party to give you all those fly memories of neon fashion and party dance music. 90’s attire encouraged. Zima and jolly ranchers available!
4. Enjoy a Burger: Memorial weekend is just around the corner so it’s the perfect time to have a backyard cookout or just enjoy a nice, juicy burger at your favorite spot. I have rounded up a few of the top places in San Antonio.
5. Buy Art: Take a stroll down the river walk this weekend and browse all of the local artisans selling their pottery, textiles, jewelry, woodwork, paintings, beadwork and much more.