Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Tour a Secret Garden: Explore unique outdoor spaces in the King William Historic District and have a chance to learn about native plants, landscape architecture, and water conservation-minded landscapes. Participants will receive a gift bag containing maps of the gardens open for the tour, information on how to enhance their own landscapes while conserving water, SAWS conservation rebate and rewards program information, and more.
2. Enjoy the Sun: The warm weather is officially here to stay and there is no better way to cool down than to enjoy a cool one. Check out my top outdoor bars and be sure to share yours!
3. Support a Film: The Mission Marquee Plaza is hosting the 5th Annual Harlandale Student Film Festival. Head out and support the local youth filmmakers at this event sponsored by the city of San Antonio’s World Heritage Office.
4. Watch a Parade: Enjoy a free patriotic parade dedicated to the men and women who serve in all branches of the Armed Forces. Twenty-five star spangled floats carrying representatives of all 5 branches of the military.
5. Enhance Your Gardening Skills: Take some time to hone your green thumb by learning how to re-pot and propagate your favorite cactus and succulents just in time for summer.