Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Om Fest: Meet in Travis Park for an OM-azing day of all things yoga in celebration of community, connection, and consciousness. There will be yoga, meditation, mantra, music, massages, local vendors and more. This community festival is FREE and open to the public, brought to you by Mobile Om and the City of San Antonio.
2. Bidi Bidi Bom Bom: Celebrate the Queen of Tejano Music’s birthday at Central Library’s Latino Collection. This ‘Bidi Bidi’ Birthday Bash will include a live performance by a professional Selena impersonator, costume contest, and trivia. Join a tour of Central Library and visit sites where the biographical movie was filmed in 1997.
3. Blow Bubbles: Bubble Fest will be serving up bubble-based fun for the whole family at Chris Park. Cruz Ortiz will be on hand to DJ and emcee the event, Snake Hawk Press designed a silkscreen especially for the occasion (bring your own T-shirt!), and Honeysuckle Teatime will be there making mini-milkshakes.
4. Aloha Friday: Come where the food and music will bring you to Hawaii, featuring ukulele artist Kainoa Kamaka and Friends. The event will offer guests great music, delicious food, and an impromptu hula dance or two.
5. Seven Seas Food Festival: The Seven Seas Food Festival expands its selections of flavors, cuisines, and cultures from around the world with a new location featuring Hawaiian dishes. Guests can sip and savor 55 chef-created dishes, unique wines, craft cocktails and beers from around the world as they stroll through Sea World park.
PS: FIESTA IS HERE! Check out all my favorite events and traditions here.
Leave a Reply