Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Kick off the Rodeo: Help kick off the rodeo by enjoying the West Heritage Parade. The parade route runs through the streets of downtown San Antonio and features participants representing the heritage of our Lone Star State and the Old West. Fort Hood 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Sam Houston Caisson, Texas Heritage Riders and of course, a herd of Texas Longhorns are just some of the snapshots that celebrate the legacy of our great State.
2. Enjoy Chocolate: Come enjoy live music, food booths, and specialty vendors all while local and regional chocolatiers bring delicious confectioneries to tempt your taste buds! You won’t want to miss this delicious event.
3. Find Your Zen: Looking for a calm center to your weekend? Then try guided meditation in the Japanese art gallery at the San Antonio Museum of Art. Cushions and stools provided.
4. Make Plans for the Big Game: The Super Bowl is this Sunday and, if you haven’t made plans, now is the time to find the perfect place to catch the game. Or, for the other half of viewers, it’s the time to find the place with the best food so you can rate the super bowl commercials and watch the half-time show.
5. Swing Into the Weekend: Every first Saturday of the month KRTU, Tucker’s Kozy Korner, and the San Antonio Swing Dance Society (SASDS) hosts the finest swing dancing experience, featuring the world-famous Jim Cullum Jazz Band. A complimentary dance lesson kicks off the night at 7 p.m. and DJ Ben Luhrman will keep all the jitterbugs on the floor during the band breaks playing vinyl jazz favorites.
P.S. If you haven’t heard there is a huge tailgate chef competition this weekend to determine who is the Titan of Tailgate.
Leave a Reply