Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Eat BBQ: The San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Bar-B-Que Cook-Off is a championship event sanctioned by the International Barbeque Cookers Association and features some of the worlds best competitive Bar-B-Que teams, LIVE music, family activities, a BBQ trade show, a kids cook-off, shopping and much more. You won’t want to miss this tasty event.
2. Shop Local: Stop by Ranger Creek as they host their first community market. Local businesses and artists will be showcasing and selling some of their products on the patio which will be accompanied by some special beer tappings from Ranger Creek.
3. Watch a Play: This weekend marks the opening night of a new play at The Public House: Little Women. Come relive this classic in the newly re-christened Public Theater of San Antonio (formerly The Playhouse).
4. Enjoy Good Music: This weekend Sanchos will celebrate 48th Anniversary of The Beatles Rooftop Concert by hosting The Blue Note Ringos to perform on their rooftop. Don’t miss out!
5. Stop by the Library: We are in the midst of winter and while the weather has warmed a bit there is no reason to jump out of that cozy mode quite yet. I have rounded up a few of my favorite reads to keep you entertained for the remainder of the winter season.