We are in the midst of winter and while the weather has warmed a bit there is no reason to jump out of that cozy mode quite yet. I have rounded up a few of my favorite reads to keep you entertained for the remainder of the winter season.
First, I have to remind you that the San Antonio Public Libary is amazing. It’s where I get all of my audiobook, digital, and physical books. I love downloading audiobooks for my commute and workouts. You can even use their website to reserve books at your local branch. Now grab your warm beverage of choice and get ready for some reading recommendations.
1. The Prophet: If you are looking for a mental reset for the new year then The Prophet is your book. This book is a collection of 26 short essays about life, love, money, and more.
2. There Goes The Neighborhood: If you are politically minded or have an interest in learning more then this book is a great dive into where we are today. This book explores racial, ethnic, and class tensions and what this means for America.
3. Cork Dork: If you love wine, food, or spirits then you need to read this book. This book follows the author, Bianca Bosker, as she starts her journey to become the wine experts we know as Sommelier.
4. The After Party: If enjoy Gossip Girl and a good beach read then this is your ticket. This book, based in the 1950 and full of Texas glamour, follows the lives and secrets of two women as they navigate their early 20s.
5. The Hate U Give: If you can’t decide what book to read next. Choose this one. This is a book that everyone should read. This book follows Starr Carter as she navigates two worlds, her preppy suburban school and poor neighboorhood, after she witnesses a fatal shooting.
BONUS: If you are looking for even more books then check out the McNay Library Book Sale today. Most items will be priced from FREE to $3 with a small number of higher priced books.