Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Enjoy a Jazz Concert: Jazz and the San Antonio Chamber Choir are Celebrating 100 years of recorded jazz and choral music with music from Hildegard to Brubeck and far beyond. Also featured will be the North East School of the Arts Dancers and the Clark High School Choir.
2. Fiesta Navidad: This Ballet Folklórico Mexicano de Carlos Moreno has championed traditional Mexican music and dance styles while updating them with contemporary flourishes. Come enjoy a holiday-themed collaboration with Mariachi Divas — a Grammy-winning, all-female troupe. ARTS San Antonio celebrates the season in living color and you won’t want to miss out.
3. Try a New Dessert: We all know it is that time of year when sweet treats are a top indulgence. So why not have the best of the best?! I have rounded up a few of my favorites in San Antonio. It’s time to try something new!
4. Watch the Nutcracker: The Nutcracker is a holiday classic. The Alamo City Performing Arts Association stages its 25th annual production of the Tchaikovsky-scored ballet surrounding a young girl’s elaborate dreams of a handsome prince, frightening rodents at war, and exotic characters from around the globe.
5. Do Yoga: Moblie Om is offering a free community class at Mission San Jose this Saturday. Take some time for yourself this holiday season so you can breathe & build community in awe and celebration of our city’s rich heritage