Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Open Pop-Up: Christmas shopping is in full swing and if you are still looking for the perfect gift then stop by the Open Pop-Up market in downtown San Antonio. This program offers vacant storefronts in downtown to local entrepreneurs at no-cost so they can sell products during the holiday season. The event kicks off today so grab a hot chocolate and start exploring!
2. Give Back: The holidays are such a fun time we enjoy with our family and friends. This time of year is also a great time to give back to those who are less fortunate. Take some time this weekend to do something for someone else. If you need help, check out my list of ways to give back here.
3. Eat Tamales: We all know that the Christmas season means your favorite tamales are in plentiful supply so it should come as no surprise there are multiple tamales related events this weekend. Check out ¡Feliz Tamalidad! on Saturday at Brooks Air Force Base or Sunday Masa event at Alamo Beer on Sunday. Both events are giving a portion of the proceeds to non-profits.
4. Look at Christmas Lights: Play the role of tourist for an evening and go on a walking tour featuring stories of holiday traditions from Germany, Spain, Mexico, and colonial Texas, the tour goes through downtown San Antonio with a private riverboat ride, followed by a short history of San Antonio as told on the backdrop of San Fernando Cathedral.
5. Cirque Dreams Holidaze: Celebrating its 10th Anniversary in 2017, Cirque Dreams Holidaze lights up the holiday season with its critically acclaimed holiday stage extravaganza. It’s a new cirque show, Broadway musical, and family Christmas spectacular all in one! Snap up your tickets now!
Leave a Reply