Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Help Victims of Hurricane Harvey. Volunteer or donate to an organization committed to helping those affected by the Hurricane. Pinch Boil House is even having a benefit boil on Saturday. Texas Forever.
2. First Friday. Cheers to September! Celebrate First Friday by strolling along South Alamo for the food, music, and art or stay in the downtown area for the hero’s and villains themed pub rub. The Yanaguana Gardens at Hemisfair will even host a Bluegrass & Americana dance class.
3. Boogie at the Zoo. Don’t miss the last Jungle Boogie Night at the San Antonio Zoo. The Zoo transforms into a family-friendly fiesta featuring live music, food trucks, family games and happy hour specials.
4. Pick the best Michelada in SA. Michelada Madness at Freetail’s Tasting room will feature samples from El Luchador, The Squeezebox, La Botanica, Franky Diablos, Jandro’s Garden Patio, Bexar Pub, The Cove, Fresca and Kung Fu Kitchen Patio Bar. The event will include food vendors and live luchador matches. Michelada Mayhem will take place at The Block and have vendors creating their best version of a Michelada and you get to vote for the best. The event also includes a free glass, great drink specials, and free raffles. Cheers!
5. Celebrate National Yoga Month. Take a class at your favorite yoga spot to kick off September, AKA national yoga month. Don’t have a favorite spot? Try one of mine or try video in the comfort of your own home.