Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Bark in the Park: Bark in the Park is a pet costume contest and expo benefiting San Antonio pet rescue organizations. There will be plenty to do for the whole family with food trucks, vendors, music, a kid’s zone, and more!
2. Visit a Museum: October is Museum Month in San Antonio! Members of participating organizations, as well as their employees, will qualify for free or discounted admission so take some time this weekend and explore a new museum.
3. Run Against Domestic Violence: October is also National Domestic Violence Awareness month. Join the 6th Annual Purple Run at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, designed for the entire family to run/walk in honor of a victim, survivor, in memory of or to take a stand against domestic violence.
4. The fall season is the perfect time to finally enjoy being outside to take a little trip down the highway or stay in town to check out one of the following libation filled events.
a. Tour New Braunfels Breweries: Join San Antonio Cerveceros for their New Braunfels Fall brewery tour. The tour will explore the Faust Brewing Company, 5 Stones Artisan brewery, the Guadalupe Brewing Company, and more.
b. Gruene Wine & Music Fest: Head over to Gruene to taste over 90 different Texas wines from over 30 different wineries, try the stellar cuisine at Le Cordon Gruene Food Alley and shop the artisan market all to the beat of live, original Texas music.
c. Margarita Pour-Off: The 36th Annual Margarita Pour-Off Presented by Missions Care is being held at Wolff Stadium. Come to taste the best margaritas in San Antonio, enjoy live music and great food.
5. Celebrate Fall: If you are really looking to get into the spirit of the fall head to first and only Corn Maze in San Antonio! Every Saturday or Sunday beginning October 6 to November 25 Traders Village will open the “Corny Maze.” It’s 10 acres of pure fun! Inside the maze will be three trails ranging from easy to hard.