Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Enjoy LifeArt: Netflix and the LifeArt Festival are bringing the premiere of a Netflix Original Film, The Angel, to the Tobin Center. The film tells the true story of Ashraf Marwan, the son-in-law of Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser, and special advisor to his successor Anwar Sadat. Marwan is perhaps the most famous spy in the history of the Middle East and was regarded as a national hero in both Israel and Egypt. General admission is FREE, however, you must RSVP. The LifeArt Festival will also include a forum for debate and collaboration on humanitarian issues and art forms and will focus on taking a stand against sex-trafficking in America.
2. Listen to Mariachis: Come and enjoy the Pearl’s second annual Mariachi Lab showcases San Antonio mariachi talent—from youth to top-level performers—along with interactive workshops and activities for children.
3. Register to Vote: Ok, I know this sounds a little boring, but, come on, it’s the weekend. You have 5 mins. DO IT.
4. Give Your Home a Fall Facelift: Solve all your projects in one place in one weekend at the 32nd Annual San Antonio Fall Home & Garden Show! You’ll find the latest products and services for your home and landscape: builders, remodelers, contractors, building materials, decks, pools, spas, entertainment systems, storage solutions, all kinds of plants, landscape displays, kitchenware, home accessories and so much more.
5. Celebrate Texas: Big & Bright is a Texas-sized celebration of all things that make the Lone Star State so legendary. This weekend-long event includes free and ticketed events which cultivate the best of local creators, makers, musicians, artisans, chefs and more, proving that everything really is bigger (and better) in Texas.