Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Support Local Artists: K. Hop photography explores and chronicles the poetic and lyrical nuances of daily life; city streets, people and public transportation are her visual language. Kimberly believes every photo has a story behind it that allows viewers to see her outlook on everyday life.
2. Donate to Charity: Come to the Cherrity Bar at their ribbon cutting ceremony where there will be live music and food and drink specials all night. All the bar’s profits go to one charity each month. The charities for the month of September are SA Pets Alive, Habitat for Humanity, and Haven for Hope.
3. Test Your Knowledge: Since everyone is officially back to school why not test out what you really know after a summer of fun. Round up all your besties and head for the nearest Trivia Night for drinks, food, prizes, and, of course, TRIVIA!
4. Enjoy a Film: The San Antonio Museum of Art will be hosting a Mujeres de Cinema, a traveling Spanish Film showcase made by Women this weekend. There will be a new movie each day this weekend and it is all FREE. Don’t miss out!
5. Celebrate San Antonio Heritage: The World Heritage Festival is an annual collaborative event to celebrate and promote our San Antonio Missions, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Festival is a five-day celebration spread throughout the five San Antonio Missions and surrounding area and has something for everyone while providing funding for nonprofit organizations and projects that preserve, maintain, promote, and connect.
P.S. Today is First Friday!