Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Enjoy Noche Blanca: Inspired by the romance of a Spanish night, dress in your summery whites for an evening filled with music and art. Enjoy flamenco, art-making, the Duo Peña guitar and violin, and a cash bar. You can even pack a picnic or order on from Tre Trattoria.
2. Celebrate Davy: Come to the Alamo for a celebration of David Crockett’s birthday. The event includes an educational talk about the life and role of Davy Crockett at the Alamo. Kids will get to play at the Alamo’s rubber band shooting gallery to win a prize and also screen Disney’s ‘Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier.’
3. Explore the Gardens: The Botanical Garden is the place to be this weekend. Come and enjoy yoga in the park for a zen morning or go on a scavenger hunt to find the list of ingredients grown in the garden, and you find, capture and present the images to our bartender, who will make you the cocktail! Cheers!
4. Eat Resturant Week: Restaurant week is here! Over 60 restaurants are offering special three-course prix-fixe menus for lunch, dinner, and brunch throughout the city. Lunch options are $15, dinner options are $35 or $45, and brunch options for $25. The menus run through August 25th and you can find a complete list participating restaurants here.
5. Find the Best Margarita: Join the Throwdown at La Gloria Dominion! This competition is a gathering to celebrate what we all know and love as the Margarita. The ticket price will include a sampling from each competitor and an order of 2 Tacos Al Pastor along with live music & giveaways!
Leave a Reply