Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Go to a Fashion Show: Attend the horrible thrift-store fashion show at the South Texas Museum of Popular Culture’s (aka Texpop). The event combines a drag show hosted by Felicia Andrews and performances by local drag king troupe Los MENtirosos with a group exhibition featuring works by seven out-and-proud artists. All proceeds benefit Thrive Youth Center, one of only four shelters in the country specifically geared toward housing and assisting LGBTQ youth.
2. Read a Book: The heat outside is no joke so staying inside with a book is not a back option. Check out my list of summer reads here.
3. Eat Chicken Wings: Pluckers invites guests to celebrate their 23rd Anniversary all week with food and drink specials including 75-cent wings, $1 beers, $4 holy mac, and more. Pluckers will also offer their Pluckers Club members a new “Keep the Mason Jar” special.
4. Be a Cowboy: The Briscoe celebrates National Day of the Cowboy with a free, all-ages community event featuring live Texas swing music by Big Cedar Fever, art-making activities, cowpoke games, museum tours, a cowboy artist in action, food trucks and more.
5. Hunt Ghosts: Come out and spend a night with Nightly Spirits for a ghost tour to the most haunted pubs in the city. It’s a 2.5 walking tour and guests must be 21 and older to attend.
Leave a Reply