Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Watch a Film: CineFestival is the longest-running Latino film festival in the country. The four-day Latino film festival will feature 56 films from Latino artists, including work from the local director, Jesse Borrego. With a theme of Hecho En Tejas is it no surprise that 41 of the films were shot in Texas or directed by Texas filmmakers with 23 of the films directed by San Antonio filmmakers or San Antonio natives.
2. Make an Entrance: Head to Freetail Brewery to create a grand statement by creating a custom doormat. Participants can choose from a series of summer designs (or use our stencils to create your own!) and will learn how to customize and seal a brand new doormat.
3. Listen to Jazz: The City of Balcones Heights celebrates its 25th anniversary of providing renowned jazz performers from across the country. Since 1994, the Balcones Heights Jazz Festival has captivated jazz aficionados every summer with a free stellar line-up. Admission is free, but outdoor seating on the amphitheater lawn is first-come, first-serve. Food and beverages are available for purchase.
4. Viva La Frida: Celebrate Frida Khalos birthday with music, artisans, a piñata, birthday cake, specialty drinks and a rousing game of pin the unibrow on Frida at the Frida-inspired cafe, Casa Azul. There will also be a flower crown and succulent clay pot workshops for $20.
5. Rock White: The third annual White Party promises to be the best one yet including great entertainment with Rimaness along with DJ T – Willie on the twos. Food and packages are available for RSVP.
*** P.S. Today is first Friday!
Leave a Reply