Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Celebrate with Books: The 6th Annual San Antonio Book Festival is this weekend and includes presentations from authors across all genres, activities, food trucks, and, of course, book sales. Click here for a full schedule of events.
2. Listen to Stories: As part of the San Antonio Book Festival, the Moth Mainstage will take place at the Majestic Theater. Moth stories are true, as remembered by the storyteller and always told live.
3. Explore Hemisfair: Hemisfair is turning 50 and this whole weekend is about celebration! Join the Kick-Off Ceremony at the Institute of Texan Cultures on Friday! Check out the all the events on Saturday here and the events on Sunday here.
4. Watch a Play: Killer Productions’ “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” mixes Shakespeare’s most famous comedy with the spirit of Fiesta! The show is part Dia de Los Muertos, part Fiesta and all about falling in love.
5. Find a New Late Night Snack: We’ve all had those nights when the spring sunshine tricked us into believing that it’s only 7 pm when, in reality, it’s 9 pm, we haven’t eaten dinner, and now everything is closing. We’ve also all had those nights full of fun (usually with several drinks and lots of great dancing music) that require the ever elusive fourth meal. Check it out this list of late night munchies to satisfy those cravings.
* P.S. Today is first Friday in Southtown.