Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Watch Ballet: Enjoy an evening of dance in a unique outdoor setting with Travis Park and Ballet San Antonio’s third annual Ballet in the Park. Be sure to bring your chairs or blankets. This event is free!
2. Learn about composting: The San Antonio Food Bank welcomes compost Queens to lead a workshop on how to create compost for your garden. They will discuss composting basics and bokashi, a Japanese method of composting. Join hands-on demonstrations and view examples of compost in various states.
3. Talk Politics: Senator Bernie Sanders and Our Revolution President Nina Turner will be speaking at Trinity University’s Laurie Auditorium in an event co-sponsored with the Trinity Progressives. Income inequality, climate change, racial justice, and the need to build political movements for change will all be addressed and more.
4. Listen to Jazz: Come enjoy New Orleans Night with Doc Watkins and Pierre Poree at Jazz Texas. There is no better way to kick off the weekend.
5. Get Juiced: We all know that New Year’s resolutions to be healthy and get in shape are hard to keep so now is your chance to make a move in the right direction by taking a tour of all the best Juice Bars in San Antonio to find your new favorite.
Leave a Reply