Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Get Ready for the Oscars: So you’ve seen all the movie nominated for an Oscar, but have you seen the shorts? If not, head over to the Bijou, grab a glass of wine, and enjoy!
2. Celebrate Women: International Women’s Day is on March 8th, but San Antonio is celebrating early. Check out the March & Rally this Saturday.
3. Fill a Bowl: Since 2000, SAMMInistires has raised more than $500,000 to support families and individuals right here in San Antonio who are homeless or on the brink of housing disaster through the Empty Bowl event. The event features handcrafted bowls that can be purchased for $25 along will delicious soup and bread from local restaurants.
4. Prepare for March Madness: It’s about that time in March when everyone becomes a bit of a basketball fan. Madness is about to strike and so now is the time to find your favorite place to catch all the games! Check out my top picks.
5. Take Home New Art: The McNay Print Fair is the only event of its kind in the Southwest. More than a dozen dealers from around the U.S. bring thousands of prints, drawings, watercolors, and photographs to show and sell over the course of the two-day fair. Participating dealers have something for every taste and budget, from old master prints to contemporary drawings and photography.
*Bonus* If you haven’t seen Coco now is your chance to check it out, for free, courtesy of SlabCinema.