Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Asian Festival: The family-friendly event features cultural performances, food, crafts and other products. Guests can enjoy authentic Asian food from 15 vendors, offering Japanese, Korean, Thai, Laotian, Philippine and other delectable cuisines. Guests can also enjoy traditional Asian dance and performances on two separate stages; multicultural demonstrations of cooking, henna painting and palm reading; and craft sales including clothing, artworks, dolls, silk items and other gifts.
2. Ghost Tour: This tour is going to take you inside the most haunted bars, hotels, and down to the river walk. You will explore the creepy side of San Antonio with this 2.5-hour walking tour.
3. Step Afrika: Step Africa! is a highly interactive form of dancing originating in African communities. Come out to see a culturally engaging dance performance by the nationally renowned dance troupe.
4. Explore Hill Country Wineries: Take a short road trip to the local wineries in Hill Country. I have rounded up a few of my favorites below. Let’s get to sipping!
5. Watch The Big Gig: The Big Gig is one of the premiere nights of comedy fundraising in San Antonio. The two-hour sketch show, written and performed by members of the nonprofit council, pay homage to their favorite SNL characters while satirizing San Antonio. All of the proceeds go toward the Nonprofit Council’s advocacy efforts which educate state holders about how to maximize their impact on the nonprofit community.