Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Support Local Artists: This is a unique opportunity to mingle with premier photography professionals in the field and hear photography practitioners and thinkers speak about their works during artist talks. Artist booths will showcase the talent of emerging photographers. Doors open at 11am on Saturday and the first (250) attendees will receive a swag bag!
2. Give Back: KSYM is hosting its annual Alt 2 Hunger benefit concert this Friday. Five local bands will be rocking out at The Mix. Admission will be at the front door, and the price of getting in is your choice of either 5 canned goods or $5 dollars. But if you want to bring your buddies, 1 frozen turkey gets in 5 people! Proceeds will provide aid to support St. Peter-St. Joseph Children’s Home.
3. Watch Shakespeare: The Magik Theatre will perform The Taming of the Shrew at the Arneson River Theater on November 17 and 18 at 7:30 p.m. Through a flurry of song and spectacle, join the rambunctious and arrogant Petruchio in his quest to woo the unimpressed and headstrong “Kate the Cursed.” You won’t want to miss this!
4. Be Part of the Resurrection: As we all know, last November we lost the Phantom Room to a devastating fire, but they are back! The bar will re-open this weekend. Head down to celebrate the return of an iconic San Antonio bar.
5. Get on the List: The latest exhibit at the San Antonio Museum of art is the “The San Antonio List” which presents a unique viewing opportunity with an abundance of local flavor. On Friday, the museum will partner with Sound Cream Airstream to bring the exhibit to life in the West Courtyard with a Latin-inspired DJ set, drinks, food, art making, and a panel discussion with local leaders of San Antonio.