Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Luminaria: Check out the 10th annual Luminaria! San Antonio artists have created new theatrical and dance performances, film screenings, light projections, creative demonstrations, live music ranging from garage bands to orchestras, and other challenging new site-specific experiences.
2. Wurstfest: Don’t miss the last weekend of food, music, dancing, exciting carnival rides and games, German, Texan and domestic beer, special events and the finest in Alpine and Bavarian Style Entertainment.
3. Watch a Play: The Classic Theater is performing A Doll’s House. The 1879 drama digs into women’s roles and marriage with its story of a woman whose attempt to help her husband goes terribly wrong.
4. Start Holiday Shopping: Popmarte, a rotating, multi-brand pop-up retail store will be open at Pearl through December 23rd. This week Mission Mercantile, Snake Hawk Press, Mimilore, Bib & Sola, Richter Goods, Chictique, Ubi-Ind Denim, Mission Mercantile, and V SPOT will be selling all their best at Popmarte.
5. Salute Veterans: The San Antonio Symphony, the USAF Band of the West and the 323d Army Band, “Fort Sam’s Own,” are inviting the public to celebrate the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts’ 13th Annual Salute to Service this Sunday. Tickets are not necessary for attendance, but the concert is open seating so arrive early for best seats.