Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. Celebrate Diwali: Diwali will take place on Saturday, November 4th at La Villita. Enjoy the best food, dance, and arts Diwali has to offer. There will be live entertainment, food and handicrafts for sale, 2,000 floating diyas to be released and a DJ area for dancing the night away. The event concludes with a spectacular firework display!
2. Enjoy a Show: The YOSA Philharmonic will mark the 40th anniversary of the original Star Wars with John Williams’ landmark music for the blockbuster film series on Sunday, November 5th. You can also stop by Travis Park for a free Opera in the Park event on Saturday.
3. Support Local Art: This weekend over 30 artists will open their Olmos Park Terrace homes and studios to show and sell paintings, jewelry, ceramics, photography, textiles and more, with a portion of proceeds benefiting the Children’s Bereavement Center.
4. Go for a hike: The weather in San Antonio has cooled off just enough to enjoy a hike in San Antonio. Check out the best places in San Antonio to spend an afternoon in nature.
5. Find the best Fideo: From 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 4, San Antonio’s first ever Fideo Loco Festival and Cook-Off will be held outside 410 Sportsbar. Six teams are lined up to compete in the cook-off and will be judged based on the tastiness of their dish. the event will provide proceeds for anti-bullying.