Your weekly dose of weekend adventure:
1. See a Concert: The 5th annual San Antonio Music Showcase takes place on Saturday throughout St. Mary’s Strip, Tobin Hill, and the Eastside. Over 75 bands will be playing at 19 venues. If you like live music (even a little bit) you won’t want to miss this event.
2. Go for a Bike Ride: On Saturday morning, SA Mural Ride will be joining forces with The San Anto Cultural Art Center and SA Tomorrow for the first West Mural Ride. Bring a bike and meet right past the bridge on commerce for a morning exploring the westside. Ride on!
3. Watch a Hockey Game: Support our local hockey team on Friday night and enjoy $1 beers and sodas while you watch! You can’t beat that deal!
4. Lend a Hand: September 28th-30th are Days of Caring with United Way! Take some time to sign up for one the of Days of Caring volunteer events and give back to your San Antonio community.
5. Catch a Flick: During the week of September 28 – October 8, over 100,000 film lovers across the world will view and judge the work of the next generation of filmmakers. This year, Manhattan Short received a record-breaking 1615 short film entries from 75 countries. The URBAN-15 Studio will screen the ten finalists over two weekends (Sept 29-30 and Oct 6-7), beginning at 8pm each night.
Leave a Reply